I have traveled every six weeks of my life for over 25+ years. Say what? And have worked with a multitude of airlines, hotels, restaurants, PR, and tour companies, as well as over 45 tourism boards worldwide since August 2012.
I’ve experienced more than 250 luxury destinations and hotels in 57 countries (and counting). I know the difference between what’s merely expensive and what deserves its high price tag. I also appreciate the hard work that goes into crafting a luxury travel experience and want to share that with you.
WHAT IS MY TRAVEL STYLE?
I have hiked Machu Picchu, zip-lined through a rainforest in Mexico, rappelled a 100-foot waterfall in Costa Rica, kayaked in the Galapagos, sailed through Greece, danced with natives in Fiji, swam with sting rays in the Cayman Islands, dived with sharks in Roatan—just to name a few.
OH, BUT THERE IS MORE –
I rode camels at sunset in Jordan, took a train across Canada, floated in a balloon above castles in Lithuania, hitched a ride on a rickshaw in China and Malaysia, stood at the steps of Red Square in Russia, explored the island of Sri Lanka and laid on the beaches in the Maldives—just to name a few more!
WHAT IS POINTSANDTRAVEL?
PointsandTravel is not your ordinary travel and lifestyle blog. We are a travel resource of content related to destinations about adventure and smart luxury travel–maximizing dollars for the greatest luxurious experiences. Smart luxury travel is not about the price tag; it’s about the value found in an adventure, culture, and luxury travel experience. Being price aware, and yet looking for luxury destinations and/or adventure/cultural experiences that are worth the splurge.
Storytelling and self-taught photography are my two passions. This is what I primarily do when I travel. My extensive travels have inspired me to write this travel blog, to share some of my experiences with you.
What I am:
- I am a fan of destinations rich in culture and history.
- I love adventure.
- One who prefers to stay in luxury, (or boutique B&B) hotels or villas that define ‘value luxury’ or ‘smart luxury’ –one that maximizes dollars for the greatest adventure, cultural and luxury experiences.
- I love strolling the streets of the big cities, yet finding tiny charming villages.
- I love old churches, cemeteries, opera houses, and architectural wonders.
- I love local bars, fancy restaurants, yet even hole-in-the-wall establishments. What ever is THE thing to do and see in a place, that’s what I enjoy.
- I love the warm ocean, the beach and just about any island. I am a scuba diver with over 150 dives!
- Put me in a snowy place and I will sit by the fire and gaze out the window. (ok, I do ski too!)
- Oh, and I have a door fetish, so you will find many photographs of doors on the blog.
What I am not:
- A hiker, although I did hike Petra and Preikestolen, so I guess there are exceptions to that rule!
- Not one of those people who sold everything they own and travel around the world – (nomadic).
- Some things have changed since I started this blog in August of 2012, I now no longer practice as a physician and now work as a full-time travel writer, blogger, photographer and social media influencer as of Jan 2014!
Read more about me in this Business Insider Interview!
PointsandTravel.com is solely owned by PointsandTravel Media, LLC.